This week we are trying several new recipes. It’s going to be another cold week with both rain and snow and there is nothing I love more than cooking when it’s gross outside.
Sunday – I’m looking forward to another fantastic meal with good friends that we eat with on a regular basis.
- Sloppy Joe Sandwiches on Whole Wheat Buns
- Steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower
- TIP: I once had a friend ask me how I got my kids to eat whole wheat bread and pasta. The answer…I almost never purchased white bread or pasta so my kids think that’s what bread and pasta look and taste like. And how did I get my kids to eat cauliflower? I told them it was white broccoli! A little lie every once in awhile won’t hurt them!
- Baked Ziti
- Spaghetti Squash Bake (some of us are trying to cut back on our carbs and Spaghetti Squash is a great substitute for pasta)
- Green Beans
- Mushroom and Black Bean Casserole
- Tortilla Soup (My recipe book is already packed for our upcoming move so I’m going to wing it. Check back on Thursday and I’ll post the recipe under Soups.)
- Guacamole and Chips
- TIP: The beans are leftover and in the freezer from last week’s Black Bean Soup.
- Leftover night
Saturday this week will be more leftovers and healthy snacks. Sunday we will be at a friends for the Super Bowl and I have no doubt that the food will be delicious!