We’re mixing it up a little this week and starting off with leftover night. Last night we had an impromptu dinner party for 16 (half were kids) so we have PLENTY of good food left to start the week off. Check back later today for my Entertaining Tips and the menu from our dinner party.
Sunday – We’re going to a Super Bowl Party so our dinner will be the usual party fare…pizza, dips and chips and dessert. Our friends make delicious dessert that always have that extra wow factor.
Monday – Delicious leftovers from the weekend
- Turkey Tacos
- Spanish Rice
- Lettuce, Olives, Tomatoes, Green Onions, Soy Sour Cream and Black Beans
- Baked Potatoes (White and Sweet)
- Sour Cream, Cheddar Cheese and Green Onions
- Steamed Broccoli
- Madras Lentil Chili
- TIP: While the kids love their white potato stuffed with all the fixins’, I prefer a sweet potato with half of the filling taken out and sprinkled with crumbly blue cheese. Sometimes I even crumble soy bacon in it.
- Sliced Turkey and Salami Sandwiches with Challah Rolls
- Sliced Tomato, Lettuce and Homemade Pickles
- Baked Baby Carrots
- Green Beans Two Ways (steamed for the oldest and youngest, baked on 400 with olive oil and Garlic Salt for the middle one and the adults)
- Turkey Soup
- Cornflake Chicken Drumsticks
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Broccoli Two Ways (steamed for the kiddos and broiled with olive and garlic until crunchy for the adults)
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Make Your Own Pizza (thank you Alesci’s for the $.25 pizza dough)
Sunday is jam-packed day with several birthday parties for different kids at different ends of the city at different times. Looks like dinner that night will be one of my favorites…”If you can find it in the fridge, you can eat it!”
Thanks for reading my blog and keep sending me your favorite recipes!