Well, I made it out from under the immense pile of boxes today and realized that it was time to go back to cooking real meals again. No more cold-cuts and yogurts for dinner (although never on the same night…just alternating each night!). My kitchen is pretty much unpacked although I still can’t remember where I put things and my meat sink is now on the left which is throwing me off a little. Nevertheless, we must eat real food again and we must start eating what’s in the freezer and pantry before Passover gets here.
- Homemade Pizzas (G-d bless you Alesci’s pre-made pizza dough just sitting in the freezer waiting for me!)
- Steamed Broccoli
- Although we never eat dessert on a Sunday, good friends dropped off a cookie pie tonight and my uncle brought over two flavors of ice cream. Every once in awhile it’s okay to live a little!
- Tilapia Fish Tacos
- Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- Spanish Rice
- Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salad
- TIP: This salad is my latest obsession and I’ve been eating it with everything! I pan-fry about a cup of frozen corn in olive oil until it’s a little brown. When it cools, I add it to a bowl with half a diced cucumber, 2 diced avocados, 2 diced tomatoes, lots of cilantro, a little onion (either red or green), garlic salt, pepper, olive oil and white wine vinegar. So delicious and even great the next day for lunch…if there are any leftover.
- Eggrolls (I’m hoping my butcher hasn’t purged everything not for Passover yet)
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Brown Rice
- Whole Wheat Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Green Beans two ways
- Leftover night
- Turkey Soup
- Pineapple Chicken
- Rice Pilaf
- Sautéed Vegetables
- Grandma’s Apple Chocolate Chip Bread
- TIP: Sometimes it’s just nice to “through and dump” the chicken. Pineapple chicken is delicious and easy….put a diced onion on the bottom of a baking dish. “Through” your chicken breasts on top, “dump” enough duck sauce on top to cover it, sprinkle with a can of diced pineapple and enough paprika to give it some color. Bake until done. Simple, easy and delicious!
Thanks for sticking with me while I took the week off to unpack and attempt to organize our new home. Keep those great ideas and new recipes coming!