Tomorrow’s a big day in my house. Kids are finally back to a full week of school, and I am starting my first full week of work (although I only work a 3-day week, it’s a lot for someone who has been retired for almost 9 years). Planning is going to be key this week if I can pull off this working-outside-of-the-house thing while still managing inside the house. We’re going easy and delicious with as much prep as I can do the night before. Wish me luck!
Sunday – I have to mention we had a good friend from Las Vegas for dinner tonight so my usually Sunday night dinner of whatever turned into a real meal.
- Marinated Asparagus
- Steamed Green Beans
- Eggplant Parmesan
- Whole Wheat Spaghetti and Sauce
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- TIP: It was such a beautiful day today (FINALLY) that I took my electric skillet outside and fried the eggplant somewhere I didn’t mind the oil splattering all over! The cookies I made with the kids on Thursday and we put most of them in the freezer. Now I just take out the ones I need before dinner and by the time we’re ready for dessert, so are they!
- Whole Wheat Pita
- Israeli Salad
- Israeli Pickles
- Homemade Hummus
- Falafel – Last week I woke up craving falafel so I just had to add it to this week’s menu.
- Bagels and Cream Cheese
- Egg Omelets
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs (scroll to the bottom)
- Brown Rice
- Green Beans two ways
- Fruit Salad
- Leftover Night
- Chicken Soup
- Steaks on the Grill
- Sweet Potato No-Fry Fries
- Grilled Broccoli, Zucchini, Onion and Eggplant
- Dessert at Shul
- TIP: While chicken is our standard dinner for Friday night (unless we’re having vegetarian guests), it’s nice to mix it up every now and then. And for me, there’s nothing better than steak on the grill!
Saturday – We’re having good friends over for dinner who also have 3 kids so I’m hoping to make food that is fun and delicious.
- Black Bean Soup (my daughter’s favorite!)
- Veggie and Cheese Quesadillas
- Vegetable, Cheese and Chycken Enchiladas (yes, I spell my fake chicken with a “y”)
- Ice Cream
It’s going to be a busy week and I’m hoping I can keep my head above water. Keep those great ideas and recipes coming and thanks for following!