WOW! We had quite a weekend! It started off with an emergency room visit with my 6-year old for 3 stitches late on Friday night, dinner with great friends on Saturday night and a quiet BBQ dinner with just the five of us tonight. In between all that, we got a lot done around the house and spent some quality time together as a family.
Now with another work week ahead of me, I’m ready to face it now that the laundry is done, the meals have been planned and the grocery shopping is done. I did have three little helpers today which made it go a bit faster. On to the menu!
- Hamburgers, Hot Dogs and Boris‘ Spicy Sausage on the Grill
- Tomato, Onions, Lettuce and Pickles
- Baked Beans
- Grilled Veggies Leftover from Shabbes (the leftover steak from Friday disappeared by lunchtime on Saturday)
- Mrs. T’s Pierogies
- Fresh Fruit
- TIP: We needed something quick and easy for dinner as we are heading over to the Cleveland Yom HaAtzmaut Celebration and David Broza Concert at 6pm. My husband will already be there so this is the perfect dinner that everyone in the family loves.
Tuesday (This meal was planned for this past Saturday but we ended up going to close friends of ours for a delicious dinner. Since planning it last week, I can’t stop thinking about it so I scaled it back and we’re having it on Tuesday!)
- Black Bean Soup
- Chycken Enchiladas (that’s soy chycken)
- Cheese Quesadillas for the kiddos
- Green Beans
- TIP: Before putting the cheese down on the quesadillas, I schmere a thin layer of light sour cream. It adds creamy to the cheesy.
- Cashew Chicken
- Whole Wheat Peanut Noodles
- Steamed Broccoli
- TIP: I made the Peanut Noodles awhile ago for a dinner party and tripled the sauce recipe. There was so much extra sauce that it has been in my freezer ever since just waiting for the right night to come out.
- Leftover Night
- Leftover Black Bean Soup
- Tilapia Fish Tacos
- Lettuce, Tomato, Green Onions, Black Olives
- Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- Spanish Rice
- Chocolate Chip Cookies and Ice Cream
Saturday – Our Wine Chavurah (group of friends) is getting together for homemade African food. Can’t wait!
Keep sending me those delicious recipes and thanks for following!