What a busy and fun-filled weekend! And now back to work tomorrow and our regularly scheduled program.
Sunday – We had two families over for dinner tonight and were all excited to eat outside on our deck and BBQ. Alas, it’s Cleveland so it rained all day so only my husband got to be outside on the deck in the rain cooking. It was delicious though!
- Turkey Burgers
- Hot Dogs
- Potato Salad
- Homemade Bake Beans
- Homemade Pickles, Tomatoes and Onions
- Roasted Broccoli
- White Sangria with Strawberries, Green Apples and Lime Slices
- Fruit Salad and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- TIP: To keep my Turkey Burgers moist, I shred a zucchini into the mixture.
- TIP: Everybody makes their potato salad a different way. I like mine creamy but use 2-parts mayo and 1-part dijon mustard. I also add hard-boiled eggs, radishes, celery and green onions.
- Cream Cheese
- Chicken Drumsticks on the Grill
- Green Beans Two Ways
- Lemon Orzo with Asparagus and Tomatoes
- TIP: I marinate my chicken in equal-parts Italian Dressing and Orange Juice. Everybody likes their own dip so it’s just easier to cook it plain and let everyone pick their own dipping sauce. My kids like French Dressing and my husband and I like BBQ and Honey Mustard.
- Salmon Egg Foo Young (an old recipe I found at my mother’s this weekend…I’ll let you know how it comes out.)
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- Roasted Zucchini
- Leftover Night
- To Be Posted Soon…
I’m always looking for new recipes and quick week-night dinners. Keep sending them in!