This weekend is going to revolve around our dinners. My mother-in-law is pretty good in the kitchen and we’re going to put her to work this weekend making all of our favorites! Tonight we are 16 people, Saturday we’re only 7 and Sunday night we’re up to 8 of us for dinner. Here goes…
- Homemade Hummus and Guacamole (they were such a huge hit last week we decided to bring them back!)
- Hard Boiled Eggs and Caramelized Onions (a favorite of the in-laws)
- Salad with Applies, Mandarine Oranges and Candied Walnuts
- Sushi Salad (thanks mom!)
- Marbella Chicken
- Sweet Noodle Kugel with Pecans
- Sauteed Radishes and Mint
- Vegetable and dessert is being brought by some of our guests
- Fresh Fruit
- TIP: When cooking for a big crowd, I like asking good friends to help with the meal. If they’re newer friends, I usually just ask for fruit or wine.
Saturday – My mother-in-law has been waiting all week for this meal!
- Hamburgers and Turkey Burgers
- Hot Dogs
- Homemade Baked Beans
- Salad with Fruit
- Sliced Tomato, Onion and Pickles
- Farfel and Mushrooms
- Homemade Cake
- Fish (my husband is at the West Side Market as we speak picking something good out)
- Noodle Kugel with Cottage Cheese, Tomatoes and Broccoli
- Green Beans
- Ice Cream Pie (ridiculously good with chocolate covered Rice Krispie crust)
Between all this eating, we have shul, nap time, birthday parties, park time, etc. I’m looking forward to a beautiful weekend and hoping I don’t put on 10 pounds while I enjoy it! Happy cooking!