My mother-in-law joked with me when she found out we were having 18 people for dinner tonight, saying “That’s all?!”. The truth is, I really do LOVE to entertain. Not to mention that of the 18 people we had for dinner, 10 were kids.
Entertaining comes easy to me. I remember going to my grandparents’ house for holidays and Sunday night dinners and their house being full of family and friends. My parents’ house has always been the same way so it seems normal to me to have a house full of people.
Several years ago we bought this extra large dining room table that easily seats 12 plus room for all the food. As of three months ago, we finally have a house that not only fits our beautiful dining room table, but all of our friends. Not to mention that moving back to Cleveland, we have made an incredible group of friends. Who wouldn’t want to have them over all the time!
Yes, it’s extra work doing all the cooking and cleaning, but to me it’s all worth it! In case you were wondering, here was tonight’s menu:
- Vegetable Tray and Hummus
- Homemade Guacamole, Salsa and Chips
- Hot Dogs
- Turkey Burgers
- Steelhead Trout on the Grill (olive oil and seasoned salt)
- Tri-Colored Rotini Pasta (for our vegetarian kids)
- Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salad
- Potato Salad
- Various Cakes for Dessert
- TIP: The secret to my potato salad is 1/3 dijon mustard to 2/3 mayo.